The Anatomy of Awakening Module I, taught by Michael Brian Baker, is open to those interested and passionate about personal growth such as life coaches, yoga teachers, massage/physical therapists, counselors, entrepreneurs, athletes, medical doctors, alternative health practitioners, artists, business leaders, everyday people who seek to improve their physical, emotional, mental and/or spiritual health, those who wish to begin to immerse themselves in the art of pranayama facilitation, and successful “Arts Practitioners” who wish to add this modality to their repertoire. Note: Module I is part of the comprehensive training program known as The Anatomy of Awakening. Modules are no longer offered on an individual training schedule.
This is an introduction to the history and highest and best practices of the origin and facilitation of “breathwork”.
- Physiology of the Breath, Lungs, & Pulmonary Function
- Yoga’s Mystical and Transformational Beginnings
- Western “Breathwork” Practices
- Vedic History of Pranayama Practices
- Guided Practice of 9+ Breathing Techniques
- Therapeutic Mental & Physical Health Benefits of Pranayama
- A Multicultural Introduction to Prana, Qi, or “life force” and its function
- Education of Kumbhaka (Retention), Intermittent Hypoxia, and Hyperventilation
- How to Best Assist Different Body Types from a Medical & Ayurvedic Perspective
- Feelings & Sensations that you or your clients may experience
- Learning about Tetany: What, Why, & How
- “Nadi’s” (Energy Channels) and How they are Effected by Breath
- Socratic Communication to Improve Deeper Inquiry & Prepare Client for their Practice
- Samadhi – Highest States of Union that can be Achieved through this practice
- Formula for Aiding Yourself & Others to Reap Mental, Emotional, & Physical Benefits
- Highest Standards, Safety, Morals, & Ethics of “Breathwork”/Pranayama
- Tools to Understand and Breakthrough Creative Blockages
- Developing a Personal Home Practice
- Hands on Introduction to Working with Others 1 on 1
- Personal Transformation
Anatomy of Awakening Training is for beginners and experienced participants, who know we are always beginners. No experience necessary, open to all believe systems. Those who wish to use The Breath Center as a professional affiliate or attending for certification must have Modules I-V attended & paid for in full, exam completed and exam review approved, and 20 facilitated sessions logged and reviewed. Those wishing to explore training for self-reflection and discovery, may join training without need for certification.
Available Training Formats:
The Anatomy of Awakening and Breathwork 101: Fundamentals are currently available pre-recorded, online. Click here to register.
The Anatomy of Awakening Training is offered via livestream once per year. Register for the 2024 Waitlist here.
Current Training Dates: https://thebreathcenter.mykajabi.com/upcomingtraining
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions.