The Anatomy of Awakening Module I, taught by Michael Brian Baker, is open to those interested and passionate about personal growth such as life coaches, yoga teachers, massage/physical therapists, counselors, entrepreneurs, athletes, medical doctors, alternative health practitioners, artists, business leaders, everyday people who seek to improve their physical, emotional, mental and/or spiritual health, those who wish to begin to immerse themselves in the art of pranayama facilitation, and successful “Arts Practitioners” who wish to add this modality to their repertoire.
This is an introduction to the history and highest and best practices of the origin and facilitation of “breathwork”.
- Physiology of the Breath, Lungs, & Pulmonary Function
- Yoga’s Mystical and Transformational Beginnings
- Western “Breathwork” Practices
- Vedic History of Pranayama Practices
- Guided Practice of 9+ Breathing Techniques
- Therapeutic Mental & Physical Health Benefits of Pranayama
- A Multicultural Introduction to Prana, Qi, or “life force” and its function
- Education of Kumbhaka (Retention), Intermittent Hypoxia, and Hyperventilation
- How to Best Assist Different Body Types from a Medical & Ayurvedic Perspective
- Feelings & Sensations that you or your clients may experience
- Learning about Tetany: What, Why, & How
- “Nadi’s” (Energy Channels) and How they are Effected by Breath
- Socratic Communication to Improve Deeper Inquiry & Prepare Client for their Practice
- Samadhi – Highest States of Union that can be Achieved through this practice
- Formula for Aiding Yourself & Others to Reap Mental, Emotional, & Physical Benefits
- Highest Standards, Safety, Morals, & Ethics of “Breathwork”/Pranayama
- Tools to Understand and Breakthrough Creative Blockages
- Developing a Personal Home Practice
- Hands on Introduction to Working with Others 1 on 1
- Personal Transformation
Anatomy of Awakening Training is for beginners and experienced participants, who know we are always beginners. No experience necessary, open to all believe systems. Those who wish to use The Breath Center as a professional affiliate or attending for certification must have Modules I-V attended & paid for in full, exam completed and exam review approved, and 20 facilitated sessions logged and reviewed. Those wishing to explore training for self-reflection and discovery, may join training without need for certification.
Purchase MI REVIEW (Graduates Only)
Available Training Formats:
IN PERSON: 2 day event, each day starting at 10:30am and ending at 6:30pm with a lunch break midday.
PRE-RECORDED: This is a 10 hour online training, available for unlimited viewing upon purchase.
ONLINE LIVE STREAM: This is a 12 hour online training aired live in 2 hour segments, recorded sessions available 48 hours after live air date. It is not necessary to attend all sessions live.
Current Training Dates: thebreathcenter.com/gatherings/training
This purchase is valid for all in person and online Module I Trainings offered by The Breath Center.
Please contact us at 309-256-4238 or jacquesaudri@gmail with questions.